WHAT IS ARDHACHAKRASANA?
WHAT IS ARDHACHAKRASANA?
Ardha means half and chakra means wheel. Ardhachakrasana (the half wheel posture) is a standing asana, this asana is also known as half-moon pose. In this posture the body takes the shape of half-wheel therefore it is called Ardhachakrasana.
Technique of Ardhachakrasana
- Stand straight on the ground or mat with both the feet together.
- Keep both the hands on the hips.
- Now inhale and support the lower back area with both the palms.
- Bend both the elbows.
- Now start bending backward while exhaling.
- After bending, try to maintain the posture with normal breathing and try not to lose the body balance.
- Hold it there in the mentioned position for 10 to 30 seconds.
- Now inhale and slowly return to the normal position.
- Now repeat this procedure for about 3 to 5 times.
Benefits of Ardhachakrasana
- It helps to make the spine more flexible.
- Ardhachakrasana strengthens the spinal nerves.
- It helps to strengthen the spinal muscles.
- It reduces the belly fat.
- It also helps to tone up the muscles of the abdomen.
- It helps to maintain and balance body weight.
- Everyday practice of this asana helps to improve flexibility.
- It is a very good exercise for those who play sports.
- It helps to stimulate the pancreas.
- Regular practice of this asana helps to control and balance the sugar level in the body by stirring the pancreas to secrete a good amount of insulin in blood.
- It helps to control high-blood sugar.
- It improves the breathing capacity of the lungs.
- It improves the quality of the respiratory system and helps it to function properly.
- Ardhachakrasana helps in curing cervical-spondylosis.
- It tones up the arms, thighs, waist, lower back, shoulder and calf muscles.
- Neck pain, shoulder pain and back pain can easily be cured with regular practice of this asana.
- Stomach related problems can easily be cured if one practices this asana regularly and properly.
- It improves the immunity of the intestines.
- Digestive system stays on track with regular practice of this asana.
- It reduces the chances of injury as it is a very good stretching exercise.
- It helps to controls metabolism.
- It reduces sluggishness and helps the body to energize, and it results in the enhancement of efficiency of various systems.
- It helps to cure menstruation related problems.
- It is a very good asana for females as it cure problems related to the lower back.
- It regulates the blood pressure.
- Regular practice of this asana keeps the heart healthy.
- It helps to supply proper oxygen to all the body parts and makes sure that the body parts are functioning properly.
Precautions while doing Ardhachakrasana
- People who have undergone any major surgery/surgeries should avoid doing this asana for at least 9 to 12 months after it and if they want to start this after the mentioned period of time, they should discuss it with their doctor.
- During pregnancy, women should do this asana as lightly and carefully as possible and only after they have consulted the doctor.
- People who have problems in their spine, hip area should avoid doing this asana.
- People who have pain in the back should do this asana carefully and with precautions.
- People who are suffering with Ulcer, Hernia and Vertigo should avoid doing this asana.
- People who are suffering with Hypertension should either avoid doing this asana or if they want to do it then they should do it with precautions.