Vrikshasana means tree pose. While doing Vrikshasana, the body posture of a person looks like a tree. To maintain the balance of the body, it is necessary to have eyes open while doing yoga. Practising this asana daily calms the mind and brings stability in thoughts just like a tree. Performing this asana daily also strengthens the physical and mental balance.
- One should be standing upright on a yoga mat with a 2 inch gap between the feet.
- After that, focus should be on any one point.
- Exhale, hold and band the left leg then place the foot on the inner side of the right thigh the heel should be touching the perineum region.
- After that inhale and extend the arms up and join the palms together for Namaskar mudra.
- Breathe normally and stay in the position for 15 to 30 seconds.
- Exhale and bring the arms down, after that release the left leg and bring it to initial position.
- Repeat this asana from right side also.
- Repeat this asana 2 to 6 times from both sides.
Benefits of Vrikshasana
- Vrikshasana increases concentration and focusing power.
- This balances the body parts.
- This asana helps to improve neuromuscular coordination.
- This asana helps to improve coordination.
- By doing this asana daily, physical and mental stress can be relieved.
- It tones up the leg muscles and rejuvenates the ligaments.
- It increases the alertness of mind.
- By doing this asana daily, knee pain, ankle pain and nerve pain can be greatly cured.
- This posture also strengthens the spine.
- It helps to increase the height of children.
- Doing this asana daily also helps in reducing the fat of body parts.
1. Avoid this practice in case of migraine, high blood pressure and low blood pressure.
2. Avoid this yoga asana in case of vertigo.
3. In case of Insomnia, one should avoid doing this asana.
4. People suffering from obesity should avoid doing this asana as they may face problems in balancing and could possibly suffer from injuries.
5. In case of any disease, this asana should be done with the advice of a doctor.
6. In case one feels severe pain in the heel area, this asana should be avoided.
7. People who feel severe pain in knees should also avoid doing this asana.
8. In case one is suffering from any injury or any sort of problem, he/she should do this asana only in the presence of a professional trainer.